Creating and Sustaining EnvironmentsDate(s): 16/02/2018
Time: 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Location: CVA Resource Centre
Address: 82 London Road, Croydon, CR0 2TB
Speaker: Susan Taylor
Contact: Tailormade Training Solutions, email@example.com, 07538 130 617
Creating and sustaining environments that keep children safe
This masterclass provides guidance and information about the need to understand and implement policies and procedures in order to create a safer environment for children and the workforce and maintain an ongoing culture of vigilance.
Participants are encouraged to analyse the part they play in safeguarding children and address any barriers they may have in fulfilling their safeguarding obligations. An allegation can be made at any time against a member of staff.
It is therefore important that you are prepared and ready to manage what will be a very sensitive situation, properly.
Attending this workshop will help you build the required safeguarding confidence and competence.
The course also aims to give useful information about the effective management of complaints, concerns and allegations against someone in a position of trust and serious incidents in line with regulatory requirements.
Delegates will receive flexible learning opportunities to help acquire knowledge and skills, drawing upon lessons from serious case reviews, research and real life case studies.
- Have used knowledge and learning from serious case reviews to understand the complexity of managing relationships with professionals and families and the impact of this practice
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of behaviour by effectively implementing a code of conduct policy for staff
- Have an understanding of national and local guidance in relation to managing allegations
- Recreate robust systems to ensure that new and current staff are safe and suitable to work with children
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Understand why it is important to have a clear and comprehensive safeguarding children policy which covers what to do in the event of a serious incident
- How records of accidents and incidents can be used not only to protect children but also protect staff against allegations
- Know how to refer allegations and concerns to the regulators (OFSTED)
- Understand the importance of following all procedures to protect children and yourself
- Reflect on your current practice and improve it
Fees and Booking
Delegate fee: £60.00
For full details of this training or to book, please visit Tailormade Training Solutions dedicated webpage
- Counter Terrorism, The Prevent Duty and British Values - 21/05/2018 - 9:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Protecting Children and Young People Level 3: Part 2 - Session 3 - 24/05/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- The Duties of the Designated Safeguarding Lead - 07/06/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Raising awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect in Early Years Settings (level 2) - 11/06/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Counter Terrorism, The Prevent Duty and British Values - 12/06/2018 - 9:45 am - 3:30 pm
- A Termly Update for the Designated Safeguarding Lead - 12/06/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- An Induction and Introduction to Child Protection (level 1) - 18/06/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Counter Terrorism, The Prevent Duty and British Values - 20/06/2018 - 9:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Counter Terrorism, The Prevent Duty and British Values - 28/06/2018 - 9:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Safeguarding and Protecting Every Child 2018 - 03/11/2018 - 9:30 am - 5:00 pm