Inside the Brain of a ChildDate(s): 06/11/2017
Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: The Lighthouse Bar and Club
Address: Rivington Street, London, EC2A 3AU
Speaker: Mine Conkbayir
Contact: , ,
Early brain development is a highly precarious and fascinating process which is heavily shaped by environmental influences. All those early experiences, positive and negative, sculpt the brain’s architecture, with certain behaviours resulting, depending on what the young brain is exposed to.
In this talk, you will learn about the neuroscience of early brain development – how the young brain learns, how it stores memories and how adverse childhood experiences prevent an individual from thriving.
Mine will share her personal experiences of growing up in a chaotic and violent household, and how this affects her today. Strategies for nurturing resilience in children and adults will also be discussed.
What to expect from this talk:
- Insight into neuroscience and early brain development
- Links between early experiences and adult mental health
- Possible laughter and a few tears
Investment for this event: £12.00
For more information – please click here for Event website
Status: Places Available
- Safeguarding Training - Level 4 - 08/12/2017 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Keeping Children Safe - 19/01/2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Working with children who are subject to Child Protection Plans - 09/02/2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Creating and Sustaining Environments - 16/02/2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Safeguarding children – For Designated Safeguarding Leads and Deputies - 16/03/2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm