Working with children who are subject to Child Protection PlansDate(s): 09/02/2018
Time: 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Location: CVA Resource Centre
Address: 82 London Road, Croydon, CR0 2TB
Speaker: Susan Taylor
Contact: Tailormade Training Solutions, email@example.com, 07538 130 617
Working with children who are ‘at risk of significant harm’ and have allocated Social Workers can be complex and demanding.
This masterclass will tackle some of the anxieties and myths around working in partnership with social workers and other professionals involved in protecting vulnerable children.
This masterclass looks closely at caring for children who are subject to child protection procedures and focuses on the essential skills required to successfully collaborate and engage with children and their families in an attempt to encourage partnership working and multi-agency decision making. The programme includes an examination of the child protection case conference process (using the strengthening families’ model) and equips delegates with the skills required to actively participate in discussions and planning for children.
Learners have an opportunity to explore what makes a good child protection conference report and best practice strategies to be used when working with children who are the subject of Child Protection plans, their families and other agencies that form the team around the child.
This course is essential for professionals who have limited experience of attending and contributing to multi agency meetings. The emphasis within these sessions is built upon the importance of maximising flexible learning opportunities to acquire and maintain knowledge and skills, drawing upon lessons from research case studies and serious case reviews.
- Understand the format and process of the Child Protection Case Conference
- Be clear about your role in relation to participating in multi agency meetings to assess risk and create SMART plans and partnerships
- Be better prepared to undertake the task of supporting children and families with renewed confidence
- Understand your responsibility to share information and work collaboratively
- Understand the principles of the “Strengthening Families” model to CP conferences
- Clarify what it means to be ‘subject to child protection plans’
- Understand the process and practice of the model and the format for the new style of conference
- Write clear and concise conference reports
- Eliminate some of the stress, misunderstandings and myths around caring for children who are the subject of Child Protection Plans
- Present information to the Child Protection Case Conference confidently and effectively
- Use Child Protection as a tool for joint working and joint decision making
- Understand how messages from past tragedies can help to avoid similar mistakes happening again
- Understand the way in which decision making might be affected in a group setting
Fees and Booking
Delegate Fee: £60.00
For full details of this training or to book, please visit Tailormade Training Solutions dedicated webpage
- Counter Terrorism, The Prevent Duty and British Values - 21/05/2018 - 9:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Protecting Children and Young People Level 3: Part 2 - Session 3 - 24/05/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- The Duties of the Designated Safeguarding Lead - 07/06/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Raising awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect in Early Years Settings (level 2) - 11/06/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Counter Terrorism, The Prevent Duty and British Values - 12/06/2018 - 9:45 am - 3:30 pm
- A Termly Update for the Designated Safeguarding Lead - 12/06/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- An Induction and Introduction to Child Protection (level 1) - 18/06/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Counter Terrorism, The Prevent Duty and British Values - 20/06/2018 - 9:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Counter Terrorism, The Prevent Duty and British Values - 28/06/2018 - 9:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Safeguarding and Protecting Every Child 2018 - 03/11/2018 - 9:30 am - 5:00 pm